Avalign Cutting Instruments has established itself as a leading manufacturer of high quality surgical drills and precision instruments in the medical device marketplace. While specializing in precision-machined cutting instruments for the orthopedics industry, we also provide support for the orthopedic device market with a particular focus on segments experiencing high growth and innovation. Our defining strengths are engineering support, cutting geometry design, product development support, and the overall cutting performance of the instruments we manufacture. We are currently hiring an energized manufacturing engineer that will apply strong engineering fundamentals and leadership to develop and maintain innovative “Best In Class” manufacturing technologies and processes. We offer competitive salary and benefits and a great work enviornment! If you have the qualifications listed below and would like to make a differenc in a growing business, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at 4643 N. State Road 15, Warsaw, IN 46582.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Directly supports the qualification and validation activities associated with manufacturing equipment and special processes.
* Designs and implements robust production processes and methods assuring that process capabilities are adequate to support business needs.
* Develops work instructions and necessary documentation to train associates and sustain manufacturing proficiencies.
* Uses statistical and financial analysis to identify trends and opportunities to systemically improve quality, reduce cost, reduce lead time, and reduce scrap.
* Applies advanced troubleshooting and root cause analysis methods to solve problems with documented results.
* Applies Lean manufacturing and Theory of Constraints tools to optimize processes, workgroups, or cells toward achieving cost, quality, and delivery metrics.
* Interfaces with suppliers to explore, test, and implement new manufacturing concepts, tooling, and equipment. Develops and manages project plans, timelines, and budget to support these activities.
* Supports the development of new products. May be called to lead new projects from development through delivery with responsibility for long-term cost, quality, and delivery.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required.
* 2 to 5 years of experience in a manufacturing facility; preferably in a metal machining environment.
* Strong background demonstrating proficiency with problem solving and root cause analysis tools.
* Solid understanding and ability to lead Lean or TOC improvement initiatives.
* Project management experience with demonstrated cost reduction initiatives.
* Experience within a regulated industry preferred; preferably medical device
* Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.)
* Modeling/drafting experience with Solidworks or similar CAD systems
* Familiarity with MasterCam, Esprit, Partmaker, or similar CAM systems is a plus